Presnell Reading

Again I am impressed with the examples provided by Presnell. Her writing is clear and easy to understand and the technique and strategy behind locating excellent primary sources is just as clear. Most of my primary sources I am currently working with are monastic writings so I thought that she would pay little notice to those. In fact she spent a good page and a half talking about ancient and medieval sources and had a list of useful source bibliographies, yet another useful tool provided by Presnell.

3 Responses to “Presnell Reading”

1. Matt says:

I also concur with Presnell’s reading because she writes well, and she describes how to use primary sources correctly. I am using a ton of newspaper articles for my project, and she wrote a page about newspaper articles, and how to find effective ones.

2. zorro16 says:

Presnell does make our work a lot less harder, since she does make everything so clear, yet repetitive, but this may just be to drill all of this into our heads for storage.

3. Brooke says:

I have to agree that Presnell writes directly and plainly, even though it’s a bit repetitive. I will say that I, too, appreciated the medieval source help, especially with locating them because I plan to go back to the middle ages for my senior thesis.